Arpit D.'s Diary
I'm technocrat trying to find out smarter ways to get away from the “technology world” for my pursuits in wildlife. Nature is a passion and sheer poetry for my soul. I'm totally fascinated by the wonders of the natural world. I have a keen interest in Avian Research specially Distribution and Environmental Niche Modeling, Population Dynamics of Waders, Breeding Biology of Gulls and Terns. Earlier I have worked on Marine Biology also.
I'm aspiring professional wildlife photographer. I am highly influenced by many of the world’s great wildlife photographers Andy Rouse, Arthur Morris, who, little does they know, has inspired me into this field of photography. Little did I know how difficult it was going to be, which makes what they do all the more admirable.
But the Lifelong Mentor to me is Yashodhan Bhatia, a famed wildlife photographer from Jamnagar-Gujarat-India, Who taught me ins-n-out of Wildlife Photography. I prefer to show as much possible, all the variation of plumages, their habitats, behaviors.
My most of the work is concentrated in Gujarat, Its one of, if not the best, place for wildlife photography. At present I seem to be concentrating on wild bird photography. I love photographing Birds especially Waders/Shorebirds and Seabirds.
My Photographs have been published in many national and international publications, books, scientific journals and monographs.
I believe that wildlife photography is much more than just equipment and materials. It is essentially a way of looking at nature with a kind of sensitivity and response. I also involved in wildlife protection and related projects by contributing my images to various organizations across the world. Hoping to inspire and ignite young minds about the need for wildlife conservation, I had delivered lectures to various sections of the society covering various aspects from Photography to conservation practices.
I'm currently working as a Deputy Manager – GIS and Remote Sensing in Foundation for Ecological Security, Anand.
I have contributed my Images to many publications some of them are.....
1. Handbook of the Birds of the World (Weavers to New World Warblers, Volume 15) by Andrew Elliott, Jordi Sargatal, and Nigel J.Collar Josep del Hoyo (ISBN 13: 9788496553682)
2. Reed and Bush Warblers (Helm Identification Guides) by David Pearson, Peter Kennerley, and Brian Small (ISBN 13: 9780713660227)
4. Shorebirds of North America, Europe, and Asia: A Photographic Guide - by Richard J. Chandler (ISBN 13: 9780691142814)
5. A Photographic Guide to the Birds of Bangladesh - Ronald R. Halder
6. Rare Birds Yearbook 2008: The World's 189 Most Threatened Birds -by Erik Hirschfeld (ISBN 13: 9780955260735)
Some of my work listed here...